Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wedding week - Day 4

Hello again,

I have just one more cake to share.  Here is the complete three tiers cake.  This cake was also made for Janet's order.  I didn't use all the flowers that I've made.  I had to make smaller roses for the middle tier. I went to several places to look for the leaf punch but couldn't find it.  So I hand cut all the leaves and embossed them with my piecing tool. I was surprised how quick it took to make those leaves.

 The icing was from the circle scallop bigz dies cut and I just cut them into small triangle pieces.
 

 

 
 I added a piece of card stock to cover the back of each piece and then I used clear Velcro for the opening.
 

Supplies:
  three tiers cake template from Stampin' UP!
Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Old Olive card stocks
28 lb. printing papers for the roses (office Max)
Ballet Blue ink
Shimmery Paint
Bigz dies circle scallop
1 1/2" circle scallop punch
1" circle scallop punch
piecing tool

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Helen

2 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

gosh youve been busy Helen, this cake is amazing. xo Jackie

Rae said...

Once again, just beautiful! I am sure she will be very pleased. I am sending the pics to my sister so she can view some of your work, since I have been talking about what you do so much. :)